There’s nothing quite like a relaxing bath at the end of a long day. But if you’re not used to taking baths, the whole process can seem a bit daunting. Here’s a step-by-step guide to taking a relaxing bath:
1. Run the bath. Make sure the water is at a comfortable temperature – not too hot or too cold.
2. Add some soothing aromatherapy. You can use essential oils, bath salts, or even just a few drops of lavender oil.
3. Get in the tub. Slowly lower yourself into the water and take some deep, calming breaths.
4. Relax. Close your eyes and let your muscles relax. If you have a bath pillow, use it to support your head and neck.
5. Stay for as long as you like. A good rule of thumb is to stay in the bath for at least 20 minutes.
6. When you’re finished, gently pat yourself dry with a towel. Have a seat and take a few deep breaths before standing up.