When it comes to summer style, there are endless possibilities. Whether you prefer a casual, laid-back look or something a little more put-together, there are ways to make your summer wardrobe work for you. Here are some tips on how to style a summer outfit:
1. Start with the basics. A good summer outfit starts with a great foundation. Find a pair of comfortable shorts or a skirt that you can wear all day long. Then, choose a top that compliments your body type. If you’re not sure what looks good on you, ask a friend or family member for their opinion.
2. Accessorize. Once you have the basics down, it’s time to accessorize. A great pair of sunglasses or a statement necklace can really take your outfit to the next level. If you’re going to be outside for a long period of time, don’t forget to apply sunscreen!
3. Add a pop of color. Summer is the perfect time to experiment with color. If you usually stick to neutrals, try adding a brightly-colored top or pair of shoes to your outfit. You’ll be surprised how much a little bit of color can brighten up your day.
4. Layer, layer, layer. As the temperature starts to heat up, you may find yourself wanting to take off your layers. But, layering can actually be a great way to stay cool in the summer heat. Choose lightweight fabrics that won’t make you sweat and mix and match different pieces.
5. Be comfortable. Above all else, your summer outfit should be comfortable. If you’re not comfortable in what you’re wearing, you’re not going to enjoy your day. Choose items that you know you’ll be able to move and breathe in.
With these tips in mind, you’re ready to start putting together some great summer looks. Have fun experimenting with different styles and don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.