If you’re ready to say goodbye to your gel nails, there are a few things you need to do to remove them properly. With the right supplies and a little bit of patience, you can remove your gel nails at home.
What You’ll Need:
– cotton balls
– aluminum foil
– a nail file
1. Start by filing down the top layer of your gel nails. This will help the acetone to penetrate the gel and break it down.
2. Soak a cotton ball in acetone, then wrap it around your nail.
3. Cover the cotton ball and your nail with a piece of aluminum foil.
4. Repeat this process for each nail.
5. Let your nails soak for about 20 minutes, then check to see if the gel has started to lift.
6. If the gel is still intact, soak for a few minutes longer.
7. Once the gel has lifted, use a nail file to gently remove any remaining gel.
8. Wash your hands with soap and water to remove the acetone.
9. Apply a nourishing hand cream to hydrate your skin.
And that’s it! With these simple steps, you can remove your gel nails at home.