Vegetables are a healthy and delicious addition to any meal. Roasting is a simple way to prepare them that brings out their natural flavors and makes them extra-tender. Plus, roasted vegetables make a great side dish or can be used as toppings for salads, pizzas, and more.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to roasting vegetables:
1. Preheat your oven. For most vegetables, you’ll want to roast at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut your vegetables into even pieces. This will help them cook evenly.
3. Toss the vegetables with olive oil. This will help them brown and get crispy.
4. Spread the vegetables out on a baking sheet. Make sure they’re not crowded so they have room to roast.
5. Roast the vegetables for 20-30 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Here are a few tips for perfect roasted vegetables:
-If you’re using root vegetables like potatoes or carrots, you can roast them at a higher temperature, up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
-If you want your vegetables to have a bit of a char, roast them on a higher rack in the oven.
-Add fresh herbs or spices before roasting for extra flavor.
-Try roasting vegetables with fruit like apples or pears for a unique flavor combination.