1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and orange, and mix well.
4. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.