If you’re looking to save some money or simply want to do your nails at home, gel nails are a great option. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do your own gel nails at home.
– A UV or LED lamp
– Gel polish
– Base coat
– Top coat
– Nail file
– Nail buffer
– Cotton pads
1. Start by trimming and filing your nails. Then, use the nail buffer to buff away any roughness.
2. Next, apply a thin layer of base coat to your nails and cure under the UV or LED lamp for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3. Apply your gel polish in thin layers, curing each layer for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Be sure to seal the edges of your nails with each layer.
4. Once you’ve achieved the desired color, apply a top coat and cure for 1 minute.
5. Remove any excess polish from your skin and nails with a cotton pad soaked in acetone.
And that’s it! You’ve now got perfect gel nails that you can enjoy for up to 2 weeks.