, tips, and advice
Your nails are one of the first things people notice about you, so it’s important to take care of them. Here are some tips on how to care for your nails:
Your nails are made up of three parts: the nail plate, the nail bed, and the cuticle. The nail plate is the hard, protective layer that you see. The nail bed is the fleshy part underneath the nail plate. The cuticle is the thin layer of skin that protects the base of the nail.
– Keep your nails clean and trimmed. Dirt and bacteria can build up under your nails and cause infection. Trim your nails regularly with nail clippers or scissors.
– Don’t bite your nails. This can damage your nails and make them more susceptible to infection.
– Moisturize your nails and cuticles. This will help keep them healthy and prevent them from drying out and breaking.
– Protect your nails from damage. Wear gloves when you’re doing dishes or cleaning. Avoid using harsh chemicals that can strip away the protective layer of your nails.
– See your doctor if you have any concerns. If you notice any changes in your nails, such as changes in color or texture, see your doctor to make sure there’s no underlying medical condition.